Why Are Some Essential Oils So Expensive?
Why Are Some Essential Oils So Cheap?
Is There Really a Difference?
People have been asking me what is the best brand of essential oils, so I thought I’d write a post to help clear up some myths and misconceptions about essential oils.
I’ve been using essential oils for several years, and have tried at least ten different brands of essential oils. There are good ones, and there are bad ones. There are cheap oils, and expensive oils. Let’s sort through them, shall we? I’ll show you what to look for in an essential oil, reduce some confusion, and maybe even end up saving you some money, because I’ve wasted a lot of money on cheap oils. And I will say right up front, that cheaper isn’t better. So, let’s get started.
First off, What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are the lifeblood of the plant. Just like we have blood that flowing through our bodies, carrying nutrients to all of our cells, essential oils carry nutrient throughout the plant.
Essential Oils Are A Plant’s Life Blood:
- Carry nutrients to the plant cells
- Protect the plant from any form of stress
- Protect the plant against infection and disease
- Give the plant its characteristic aroma
- May be found in any portion of the bush, flower, herb or tree.
- Just like we can’t live without blood, plants can’t live without this essential part of the plant.